Folks who know how to comparison shop, more often than not, spot the best deals. If you don’t, you’ll soon learn how in this article. But before that, or while you do that, there are several other tips to use if you want to save as much as possible. Here are a few of them…
1. Being flexible about the doctors and health care facilities you can use will result in lower costs. This is because you may have to restrict yourself to doctors and hospitals within a specific network in order to get such cheap rates. This might suggest that you’ll have to part with your favorite health care provider.
It would be easier for you to get more affordable rates if you can make such adjustments. Even though you’re asked to be flexible, take care that you also get what will be the best for you on the long run.
2. Premiums paid by self employed folks might be tax-deductible. You might as well be entitled to a tax break if your employer offers a flexible spending account. You can get details on this from your tax professional. This will help you know for sure what will entitle you to a tax break and what won’t.
3. You can lower your costs by registering with an HMO. They provide a far cheaper alternative than traditional health insurance. With the cheaper cost comes restrictions in the doctors, health care professionals and hospitals you can use.
For individuals who want limitless choices in who and where to get health care, a traditional health insurance plan is recommended.
For such people, cost can be lowered if they shop extensively for the best rates in regular health insurance. That’s how you would be able to land lower rates for standard health insurance.
However, where you are willing to live with its limited choices, you will pay cheaper rates with an HMO.
4. Those who operate home businesses are given a special opportunity to pay less by many states. This is because home based businesses get the same cheap rates that insurance providers extend to their larger contemporaries.
Employing just one employee qualifies a home business for such cheap rates in several states.
The good part is that the member of staff could be your spouse or your older child who works with you. The good thing is that such a worker must not do 9-5 for you to meet eligibility requirements.
This will give your remarkable savings because group rates are normally cheaper than individual rates.
To check if you qualify or even if your state has such offer, call your state’s department of insurance, department of financial services or their equivalent.
5. Phone med services are great services that will help lower your costs. These are free community services that provide medical advice by phone round the clock. They are usually manned by at least a registered nurse with a minimum of 10 years experience so you can rely on the advice you get from them. You will as well get free medical advice by calling local medical clinics.
Although this is not an alternative to visiting a doctor, they can actually lower your cost by reducing the number of visits you make to a doctor.
Furthermore, you get timely help that could help you take care of certain issues before they get out of hand. For these and other reasons, take advantage of these free medical services.
6. Buying your prescriptions online is a sure way to lower your health care spend. You can also get affordable prices if you buy by phone. The internet reduces the cost of doing business and pharmaceutical companies or groups who sell their drugs online do so at lower rates. But to ensure you are buying from a good company, check. It’s quite easy to be sure by checking a resource like BBB.
While we want to reduce our health care spend we also need to ensure that we safeguard our lives. Checking with BBB online and other such services will put you on the safe side while you buy at cheaper prices online.
7. Go through details of your policy at least yearly. Although you may not really save anything by doing this, you’ll ensure you have adequate coverage this way. While doing this routine check you can also find out you have coverage no longer need.
You will then reduce your cost by dropping such unrequired coverage. For instance, if you bought coverage for your family and one of your kids has just gone to college or got married, you may not remember to remove them from your family coverage if you do not review your entire policy routinely. It is very easy to forget little details like this. And you could be so over-joyed with the fact that your child is now in college or married that the last thing you’ll even consider is which insurance coverage you have to drop.
Get Health Insurance Quotes, Compare Plans And Save Much Now!
Get Quick Free NO-Obligation Quotes Now And Save!