If you must enjoy huge discounts, then you must NOT forget certain things. Here are some of such things…
1. The use of tobacco in any form will increase your rates. For example, you will get a higher premium if you chew or snuff tobacco.
Steering clear of all tobacco products will result in more affordable health insurance.
2. Group plans are more affordable than individual plans. Therefore, for individuals who have the privilege to use a group plan, it offers you the the avenue of paying lower rates than otherwise.. The higher the risk insurers attach to your profile the more you’ll save if you can use a group plan.
A group plan will help you make considerable savings if you have a pre-existing condition that makes individual health insurance either too expensive or hard to come by. Give a group plan careful thought if you are after more affordable premium.
3. Settling for catastrophic health insurance plans will help you save substantially in health insurance and is best for you if you are rarely sick. You enjoy coverage for those health conditions or medical needs that may come up suddenly.
The best part of this policy is usually seen in cases where a health condition or accident results in very high medical bills that would otherwise destroy most people’s life savings. The name surely does give a clue of what it protects against. Catastrophic health insurance premiums are normally very low.
Nevertheless, bear in mind that the deductibles are as high as $2,000. Notwithstanding, you’ll be glad to contribute such if your medical bills total as high as $50,000 which is where this policy truly excels.
4. Ensure a healthy routine and you’ll pay lower rates over time. The quality of your diet will eventually have an effect on your rate. Avoid cholesterol, fats and high carb from your diet and you’ll not only spend less but also enjoy a healthier life.
In the same way, you’ll be healthier and therefore have to visit the doctor less if you consistently exercise up to thirty minutes daily.
5. Making use of a Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) is another way you can reduce your rate. It costs more than an HMO and as well offers more options.
It’s up to you to contrast the value you will get with what you’ll save to choose if it will serve you better than regular health insurance. If saving is more important to you than flexibility then make use of a PPO.
6. If you find it really hard to pay for health insurance policy, you may qualify for Medicaid. Qualification rules differ with different states. But basically, they are for people with low incomes. You can still qualify even if you’re employed.
Someone in your family may qualify even if you don’t and therefore reduce your family health insurance budget. So confirm from your state’s Medicaid program if you are eligible.
7. In spite of the fact that you are warned against self-medication, there are situations where you should not visit a doctor. Good example are viral infections like flu about which your doctor can’t help. It’s generally known that doctors cannot do you much good if you have a viral infection.
If your doctor cannot do anything about a health condition then I think it’s not advisable to spend about $100 to see him or her. I also believe there are a few home incidents that your first aid box will take good care of.
It pays to know how to take care of simple home incidents especially if you have children. Most of those emergencies would be well attended to if you take some time out to learn a little about first aid and also have a good first aid kit.
But that said, it is better to err on the side of caution and see a doctor if you’re unsure. And an advice to people who may think they know so much (while they are not trained medical professionals) know what you should not even attempt except there is no way to get to a doctor on time. The law stops you from doing certain things if you are not a certified medical practitioner. Just know what you should handle on your own and avoid what you should not. You’ll pay less on health insurance without endangering anyone if you do this.
Get Health Insurance Quotes, Compare Plans And Save Much Now!
Get Quick Free NO-Obligation Quotes Now And Save!